Robin J. Henderson, DDS
Robin J. Henderson, DDS, FICD
“My passion is our patient’s health and the art of a beautiful smile; modern dental materials make this possible. Often we can restore teeth to look entirely natural, healthy and brilliant. Cosmetic dentistry is very rewarding both for the patient and our team” Dr. Henderson states.
This passion for dentistry is evident; she enjoys all aspects of patient care. Dr. Henderson finds it particularly rewarding when a patient begins to understand how important oral health is and understands their treatment options. “Patient education is a major focus of our practice philosophy. Our goal is prevention-oriented dentistry rather than just fixing individual problems as they occur. With modern dental techniques and equipment, we are helping patients keep their teeth for a lifetime. By catching problems early, we can utilize the most conservative treatment possible. We view treatment as comprehensive care rather than focusing our attention on one tooth at a time because it is always more conservative, less invasive and more cost effective to treat conditions as early as possible. We look at each patient as an individual whose overall health is our major concern” Dr. Henderson stated.
- Dr. Henderson was recognized in 2006 by the American College of Dentists as the Outstanding Young Dentist in the State of Washington. The American College of Dentists (ACD) is the oldest major honorary organization for dentists. Its members have exemplified excellence through outstanding leadership and exceptional contributions to dentistry and society. https://www.acd.org/
- The Washington Oral Health Foundation honored her with the Impact Award as the Outstanding Young Dentist of Washington State in 2008. http://www.wsda.org/wohf/
- In 2010 she was awarded Fellowship to Pierre Fauchard Academy, an international honorary organization, which supports the highest ideals of dentistry in both ethical and moral practice. This honor in only bestowed by nomination by existing Fellows of the Academy. http://www.fauchard.org/
- In 2012 she was inducted as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists. Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only and is granted in recognition of a dentist’s “outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and dedication to the continued progress of dentistry for the benefit of humankind.” Prior to being recognized as a Fellow of the ICD, the candidate’s qualifications and achievements are evaluated by a series of credential committees in order to ensure that he or she is deserving of this high honor and adhere to the ICD motto, goals, and objectives. Once inducted, a Fellow in good standing is authorized to use the letters “FICD” after his or her name. http://www.icd.org/
- She is Past President of Lewis-Clark State College Foundation and was elected to emeritus status by the Board of Directors. http://www.lcsc.edu/giving/
- She was a founding Director of the Clarkston Education Foundation. http://clarkstoneducationfoundation.org/
- Lewis-Clark State College bestowed the Althea Pabst Award recognizing her tremendous contribution to the college by a non-alumna.
- She and her family are active members Lewis-Clark State Scholarship Club for women’s basketball. http://www.lcwarriors.com/f/misc/Scholarship_Club.php
- Dr. Henderson supports Lewis-Clark State College by funding an Endowed Professorship in Dental Hygiene. http://www.lcsc.edu/dentalhygiene/
- Dr. Henderson is the Girl Scout leader of Troop 3737
Her hobbies include cooking, Bible study, being a Girl Scout leader, and spending time with her family.
Dr. Henderson attends a tremendous amount of Continuing Dental Education. “I love to learn and constantly improve my skills. Our entire team is dedicated to learning and using the latest techniques of modern dental care.” Because of her strong involvement with continuing education, Dr. Henderson was selected by the Washington State Dental Association to plan and coordinate the Pacific Northwest Dental Conference in 2013 which serves 8,000 dental professionals. She has studied at the Las Vegas Institute for Cosmetic Dentistry, The Kois Center, The Scottsdale Center with Dr. Frank Spear, Dawson Center of Occlusion, UCLA Aesthetic Dentistry Continuum, and the Seattle Study Club International Symposiums and the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS).
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
Dr. Henderson is from Clarkston, Washington and graduated from CHS. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Washington State University in Biology, Zoology, and Pre-Med. Before entering Dental School, Dr. Henderson worked in Diabetes Research at the University of Michigan School of Medicine. She earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry in 1998. Dr. Henderson returned to Clarkston in 1998 with her husband, Scott. She joined the practice in August 1998 and assumed ownership in March 1999.
Dr. Henderson is a two-term past president of her local component of the American Dental Association. She was a board member of the Washington Oral Health Foundation and has served on the Washington State Dental Association task force for Give-Kids-A-Smile. Dr. Henderson served two terms as President of the Lewis-Clark Dental Society where she brought membership to nearly 100% of the local dentists. She is a member of the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, the Spokane District Dental Society, the Walla Walla Dental Society, and the Lewis-Clark Dental Society. She was also elected to the House of Delegates for the Washington State Dental Association and was selected as an alternate Delegate to the American Dental Association. She is an active member of the Meridian Study Club Chapter of the Seattle Study Club.
At Studio Smiles Northwest, we select only the best of the best to serve our patients and their families. All of our team members are friendly, knowledgeable, and highly proficient in their office duties. Should you have any questions or concerns before, during or after a visit to our office, do not hesitate to visit with any of our team members.
Kim –Front Office Manager
Kim is the first person you will meet at Studio Smiles Northwest, either as the voice on the phone or greeting you in our reception area. Kim joined the practice in 2000 as our first hire! She wears many hats and has an in-depth understanding of dentistry and how the office runs. She is an enthusiastic leader and is often the go-to person. She keeps us laughing while expertly handling all tasks that are put in front of her.
Kim has a degree in Early Childhood Education that she used for several years running a local chain of day care centers. Currently, she shares her talents volunteering at the Willow Center helping children who are grieving due to a loss of a loved one.
Family is very important to Kim and she spends her free time with her husband, Curt, and their 3 adult children whenever possible. As a family, they enjoy all that the area has to offer including camping and boating.
Catherine-Registered Dental Hygienist
Catherine holds a Dental Hygiene degree from Lane Community College and completed her studies at LCSC. She graduated from Pomeroy HS and is a huge fan of the valley.
Catherine is a talented Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) who will help you understand how important oral health is and how it is related to your overall health. She embraces education for herself and her patients and is prepared to help you understand what your individual needs are. Catherine utilizes the latest technology in delivering your care including digital x-rays and ultrasonic cleaners.
In her spare time, she loves everything out of doors. She loves to ride her motorcycle and enjoys her time with family and friends.
Alinia-Certified Dental Assistant
Alinia is a very talented dental assistant who is personally driven to provide the best possible care. She completed a comprehensive Dental Assisting curriculum at South Puget Sound Community College and earned her Applied Associates Degree in Dental Assisting. She is a native of Toledo, Washington who has relocated to the valley.
You are in good hands with Alinia. She is completing her National Board certification through the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). According to the US Department of Labor, there are over 300,000 dental assistants in the workforce and of those only 36,000 have passed the rigorous National Board requirements. Alinia is a passionate, highly trained team member who truly loves dentistry. DANB requires continuing education to maintain certification which ensures that Alinia is always informed about the ever-changing world of dentistry. She is especially passionate about cosmetic dentistry and helping people feel great about their smile.
In her spare time she loves to be outdoors enjoying nature. She rides horses and loves to camp and fish.
Scott has been involved in dentistry since 1994 and is recognized as a leader in the area of Dental Photography and lectures and teaches at dental conventions and meetings. He has taken over 45,000 digital photographs of teeth. Scott worked for Nikon for over 25 years. “Photography is a huge area of our practice. It allows us to educate our patients about dentistry so they are able to make important, educated decisions about their oral health. It is so valuable to show a patient a high-quality digital photograph that clearly shows their condition. This takes the education we provide to an entirely different level.”
Scott has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and Photojournalism.
Scott is responsible for implementing technology into the practice. “We use the latest in technology to deliver quality care to our patients. We incorporated computerized charting in 2004 and digital x-rays in 2006. We use the CEREC system for same day crowns which is a huge advantage to the patient because, most often, they can have treatment completed in one visit and, most importantly, Doctor has complete and total control of treatment rather than relying on an outside laboratory. I think you will be impressed with the technology that we use every day to provide an unusually high level of care.”
Scott also manages building and equipment maintenance and has book-keeping responsibilities.
In his spare time, he loves to cook and take pictures as well as spend time with family. Scott is the youngest of eight children (his dad was a pediatrician). He and his wife have a daughter named Sophie.